Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crappy little Crappie

It has been awhile since I have hit the Kellar Springs dogpark right by White Rock Creek. As expected the creek was a little high and murky from the all the rain that was dumped on Tuesday. I knew I would still catch fish and of course I did. Caught about 20 little sunfish nothing that big.

Biggest sunny of the day

Like usual when the water is high, sunfish and small bass tend to school up behind this dam above. I was making cast around a deeper hole and had been catching several sunfish when I noticed a school of shinners getting chased by something. I made a cast there with a little nymph. Almost immediatly my indicator went under. I set the hook and saw a ittle silvery fish hit the surface. I said no it can't be, but when I got it in it was one. Yes a little 6in crappie and a nice suprise to see them in this part of the creek again and a new species for me in the 2011 multispecies contest. Ended up catching two of them and left deciding they were too small to take interest in. When the water gets lower and more clear I should be able to really get into them. No bass suprisingly today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My fishlog 2011

Decided my fishlog is getting way too long for the tff lol and will only get longer (hopefully), so here it is


Fish of 2012:

------6------
Carp-2
Bullheads-2
Sunfish-2